Health & Wellbeing
We believe helping to improve your wellbeing, sense of hope, and self-belief is essential to your employment.
Mental Health & Wellbeing
WISE Ability offer flexible and personalised programmes and services to enable people with mental health conditions to achieve life and employment goals and contribute to the social and economic life of their community.
If you have a mental health condition and have employment related goals, our service can help you.
This may include support to:
- Identify interests and goals (specifically in the area of interest – work, study or volunteering)
- Develop strategies to maintain health and wellbeing to better achieve employment and community engagement goals
- Build social, communication and cognitive functioning skills (cognitive remediation (CR)1
- Participate in recovery activities in peer support groups
- Get exposure to work in a safe, fun, and encouraging environment
- Manage daily routines in a home, community, and work setting
- Engage with community organisations for other services that can assist with your day-to-day living
- Look for suitable employment and prepare for work
- After finding a position we can provide in-work support as required
- If appropriate our staff can work with you and your employer to adapt the role, and if required, provide training to co-workers in best-practice mental health workplace support
If you are interested in taking part, or are a carer or mental health support worker of someone who would benefit, or just want to find out more, please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
For more information on the various employment preparation and support options, please read through: WISE Choices.
(1) Cognitive Remediation (CR) is a term used to describe approaches to our service delivery that are designed to increase mental stamina and thinking skills (e.g. planning, prioritising and problem solving) through a range of tasks focused on four key areas – memory, attention, visuospatial function and executive function.