Work & Health Programme
Do you have a disability, injury, or health condition?
Are you interested in finding employment?
WISE Ability Can Help You!
“Disability, injury or illness should never stand in the way of fulfilling work”
Our Work and Health Programme focuses on helping people with disability, injury, or health conditions find work. Through employment we aim to help people improve the quality of their lives.
Our Work and Health Programme supports businesses to find, develop, and keep workers. We work with thousands of employers who rely on our no-cost recruitment service to meet their staffing requirements and connect employment opportunities to customers.
We help people who have a disability, injury, or health condition into employment.
Work and Health Programme
Our Work and Health Programme is for job seekers with disability, injury or health conditions who need assistance to find a job and support to keep it.
Our Work and Health Programme across Warwickshire and Coventry is an employment support programme commissioned by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and co-financed by the European Social Fund.
It is designed to improve employment outcomes for people with health conditions or disabilities and those unemployed for more than two years.
WISE Ability has a subcontract to deliver the Work and Health Programme on behalf of Shaw Trust across Coventry and Warwickshire.
An individualised approach
The Work and Health programme recognises that everyone:
Has their own set of challenges
Has their own individual reasons for being out of work – will have a different path to finding a job
It is not a “one-size” fits all approach, so no two plans are the same. That is why it works
Key support offered
Staff support participants to:
- Overcome any worries or concerns about employment
- Identify personal skills, knowledge, abilities, strengths and needs
- Discover what work they want to do
- Formulate goals targeted to opportunities in employment
- Increase self-confidence to respond positively to employability challenges
- Enhance employability skills to bring participants closer to employment
- Explore the job market, where the jobs are
- Understand employer requirements and receive advice and support on job
preparation and interviews
- Access support from a broad range of community service options such as
disability and healthy lifestyle change
- Gain work experience in different career paths that match participants’
- Connect with employers and support participants throughout the recruitment
- Identify modifications to the workplace that may be required
- Once employment is secured, we continue providing in-work support
WISE Ability Work and Health Programme assists participants with required work-related costs which may include transportation, work-related clothing or uniform, industry specific licenses, job specific tools or equipment.
Our Work and Health Programme helps make recruitment easier and more cost effective for businesses. All our tailored recruitment services are free to eligible businesses.
Support to employers from WISE Ability can include:
- Helping employers recruit the right person for the job from a pool of diverse talent
- Pre-screening and shortlisting suitable job candidates
- Facilitating work trials to assess a job candidate’s suitability for a business,
workplace, and job
- Training in disability awareness, cultural awareness, and mental health in the
- Build the capacity and confidence of employers to provide inclusive, flexible
- Funded training with qualifications and work-based learning
Our Work and Health Programme is delivered within the community across Coventry and Warwickshire
If you or anyone you know would like more information on our Work and Health Programme, please call 0300 303 3777 or register your interest as a job seeker.